Some wines are worth waiting for, and this is undoubtedly one of them. We searched for over 15 years to find a grower with a passion for and a knowledge of cabernet franc. In 2019 Dan met a young grower, Juan Gamino, who had sold his business to focus on his passion—growing grapevines of distinction on a western-facing hillside of the Chalk Hill AVA.
Gamino Vineyard is a gem -- so much so that the next year, a Napa winery with deeper pockets was able to offer nearly three times what we were able to pay for the fruit. Great news for Juan! But, it means that this is the only vintage of cabernet franc we have produced.
Dense, almost opaque purple in the glass, the wine exhibits fragrances wild blackberries, a spiced umami character reminiscent of bresaola and a tidbit of tobacco. The palate is rich with an elegant backbone of tannin. Flavors of dark forest fruit and sanguine, volcanic earthiness end with a touch of quince reduction on a long finish.
|AVAILABLE STATES||AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, D.C., FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY|
|CUVEE/ITEM NAME||Cabernet Franc|
|DRINKING WINDOW||1 - 3 Years|
|FOOD PAIRINGS||Red Meat|
|PERCENTAGE OF PRIM. VAR.||100|
|PRIMARY VARIETAL||Cabernet Franc|
|TAGLINE - ANNOUNCE YOUR WINE||Serious attention to detail! A Cab-Franc for French palates|
|TASTING NOTE - ACIDITY||4|
|TASTING NOTE - BODY||5|
|TASTING NOTE - EARTH||4|
|TASTING NOTE - TANNINS||4|
|TASTING NOTES - FRUITY||4|
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.
SHIPPING DIRECT FROM THE WINERY
Shipping wines can be complex and expensive so Scoperta works with wineries to simplify shipping costs and ensure you're getting the best service possible.
SCOPERTA! FLIGHT CLUB
Spend less money on shipping, discover more incredible wine. Plus, get a personal
Sommelier to help you find just what you’re looking for. We’ll raise a glass to that! Join a club that has no rules, but all the perks: The Scoperta! Flight Club
For a limited time, you can join the Scoperta! Flight Club for FREE (limited to the first 1,000 consumers) and get all the member benefits below.
SCOPERTA! FLIGHT CLUB MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
- Reduced shipping costs
- Personal Somm - Exclusive access to our sommelier-led taste team for personalized recommendations for any occasion or season, providing you with one-on-one support in choosing wine that best fits your palate and budget. Opportunity to win a three-pack tasting package so you can discover even more great wine! – through December 31st, 2022
- Access to some of the most incredible but underrepresented wines in the country
SCOPERTA! FLIGHT CLUB SHIPPING PRICING
- Create an account if you haven’t already.
- Make a wine purchase between August 1st - December 31st, 2022.
Upon completion of these two steps, you will be automatically enrolled in the Scoperta! Flight Club free of charge (a $120 value) that is valid through June 30th, 2023.
**We will not charge or hold credit card information for this membership. This is a limited offer and does not auto renew**
PROTECTING YOUR WINE
Wine is fragile - during times of extreme heat or cold, the winery may choose to delay your shipment to protect from spoilage or damage.
If you have questions about weather delays, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ship to states are determined by each winery.
- Shipping is direct from each winery and each winery has their own shipping policies. If you have a question regarding your shipment, please contact email@example.com.
- Signature Required - Wine contains alcohol and must be signed for by someone 21 years or older with a valid photo I.D.